In 2019, I made a decision to paint a 3×3 painting per day. You can find that post here.
For 2020, I am doing 366 days of stitches. The bonus this year is that it’s a Leap Year — so an extra day of stitching. My plan is to try a different stitch each month because practice makes perfect!
I started with a 14″ hoop, divided into 12 pie pieces. After January, I decided to take it down to a 10″ hoop. That’s keeping it tighter and just looks better.
- January – French knots (464 of them!)
- February – Satin Stitch hearts (29 hearts for a total of 298 Satin Stitches)
- March – Leaves
- April – Covid-19
- May – Still Covid-19 and then #BlackLivesMatter
- June – hahahaha the year really gets going
- July – hahahah Cancer and Covid and junk
- August – hahahahah heart attack and cancer and Covid and omg make this year end
- September – Covid still omg, RBG died, my friend Kym died, 200k Covid deaths
If you’re looking to get started with embroidery, you can check out my post about my favorite embroidery tools.