In 2019, I made a decision to paint a 3×3 painting per day. You can find that post here.
For 2020, I am doing 366 days of stitches. The bonus this year is that it’s a Leap Year — so an extra day of stitching. My plan is to try a different stitch each month because practice makes perfect!
I started with a 14″ hoop, divided into 12 pie pieces. After January, I decided to take it down to a 10″ hoop. That’s keeping it tighter and just looks better.
- January – French knots (464 of them!)
- February – Satin Stitch hearts (29 hearts for a total of 298 Satin Stitches)
- March – Leaves
- April – Covid-19
- May – Still Covid-19 and then #BlackLivesMatter
- June – hahahaha the year really gets going
- July – hahahah Cancer and Covid and junk
- August – hahahahah heart attack and cancer and Covid and omg make this year end
- September – Covid still omg, RBG died, my friend Kym died, 200k Covid deaths
- October – Vacation, 220k Covid deaths
- November – Thanksgiving, Election Day, 250k Covid deaths
- December – Christmas, 350k Covid deaths, a 14 layer chocolate cake!
If you’re looking to get started with embroidery, you can check out my post about my favorite embroidery tools.